IMPORTANT: This document is specific to Sigma Workbooks.
UI elements add additional context and/or styling to workbook pages. They include buttons, dividers, images, spacers, embeds, and text.
Summary of Content
Create a UI Element
- New workbooks start with their editor panel open to the new PAGE ELEMENTS view. This view will remain open until the first element is added to the page.
If this view is not already open, click the + icon in the top right corner of the editor panel.
- Under the ELEMENTS tab, click to select your desired element type.
- Your new element will appear on the page, and the editor panel will open up to the specific element’s view.
- Use the editor panel to configure your new element.
- Use your cursor to drag and drop the element anywhere on the page canvas.
Text boxes allow you to add titles to your dashboard, captions to your images, and generally add a little more explanation to your dashboard. You can choose the size, style, and font of your dashboard text.
Add images to your dashboard via upload or URL. Go to images settings to change how images fit within the dashboard container. You can reference control variables within the image embed URL to customize images on a per-dashboard basis.
Buttons elements can be set to redirect dashboard viewers to an external website url or a different Sigma page. There are also customization options for button title and style. You can choose whether the link opens in a new browser tab, and you can optionally add control values.
Horizontal dividers visually partition elements or groups of elements on a page.
Spacers create empty visual space on the page canvas, pushing elements up, down, to the left, or to the right.
Embed webpages, videos, or other Sigma workbooks. Any iFrame enabled URL can be embedded. Use control variables within your embed URL to customize what content is displayed according to different inputs.