If your org uses SAML + SCIM, you must deactivate users through your identity provider. If you deactivate in Okta, the user will be marked as inactive in Sigma. If you deactivate a user in Azure, the user is set to inactive in Sigma for 30 days. After 30 days, the user is marked archived.
If your org only uses SAML, you must deactivate the user in Sigma.
Follow the steps below to deactivate users and allocate their documents to an active user.
- Open your Admin Portal.
- Click People to open the People page.
- On the Members tab, check the members you want to deactivate. Check the box to the left of Name to select all users.
Note: When you check the box to the left of Name, it only selects the users in your view. If you scroll down, more users appear and can be selected.
The numbers to the right of Account Type show the number of members currently displayed/total number of members. In the example below, the admin scrolled down and revealed all 9 of the total members in the organization.
- In the right-hand corner, the number of selected users appears along with two icons. Click the first icon to deactivate the selected users.
You can also click any of the selected member's more ••• menu and then select Deactivate. This deactivates all selected users.
- On the Deactivate User popup, the members you selected to deactivate are displayed. In the Select New Owner section, assign the deactivated user's documents to a new owner.
In the example below, the documents are assigned to [email protected].
- Click Deactivate.
After you click Deactivate, the user's documents are automatically migrated to the selected user's My Documents folder. The deactivated user's documents will be located in My Documents > Archived Users > Folder (folder title is the deactivated user's name). There is no need to manually transfer all the worksheets/dashboards created by the user, Sigma does this for you.
If you use SAML + SCIM, the user's docs will also be located in My Documents > Archived Users > Folder.
Click a member's more ••• menu to share, rename, move, or delete the folder.
Deactivated accounts still appear in the Members tab on the People page. Their status is marked as Inactive.
Inactive users are filtered out of the Members list by default. Use the list's filter menu to show all Members, past and/or present.
To reactivate a user, select Reactivate from the more ••• menu.
An admin in Sigma will be able to make a PATCH request to our Members API to set the particular user's "isArchived" field to true or false. See our full documentation for the Members API for more information.
Follow the instructions below to reactivate users in bulk.
This operation is limited to orgs that don't use IdP for authentication.
- In the admin portal, go to the People tab.
- To reactivate users in bulk, click the box next to each user you want to reactivate. To select all, click the box next to Name. You must display both Active and Deactivated users to perform this action.
- Click the members icon.
- Click Confirm.
Updated 2 months ago