Sigma's CSV Upload feature allows your team to upload and analyze CSV data in Sigma. This feature stores a copy of the CSV directly in your data warehouse. As such, it must be enabled on both your organization and individual warehouse connection by an organization admin.
- Sigma Admin privileges are required to enable this feature; see Account types.
- A connection with write access enabled.
When a CSV file is uploaded to Sigma, its data is automatically written back to your data warehouse as a new warehouse table. If your organization has multiple warehouses with write access enabled, you will be given the option to select a single destination.
CSV data stored in your warehouse is only accessible through through the document in which it is used. You will not see it listed as a warehouse table in the connection.
Note: When write access is enabled on a connection schema, the schema is hidden from the Sigma connection panel. Instead of a list of tables, you will see a note that declaring "No Accessible Data". The schema and its tables will remain available in your data warehouse.
- Open your Admin Portal.
- On the Account page, find the section titled Features.
- Click the toggle switch next to CSV Upload.
Note: This will automatically enable CSV upload for any connections with write access enabled.
- Before your team can upload CSVs, you must also enable write access on the connection(s) you wish to use for this feature. See Write access.
Updated 13 days ago