Workbook Refresh Options
Sigma refreshes Workbook data every time an individual opens or refreshes the workbook.
If you would like a workbook's data to refresh without user action, you can set a custom refresh schedule. The Sigma Team recommends this option if you are primarily displaying the workbook on a screen that people may reference without interacting with it.
Data elements can also be refreshed individually.
Important: Sigma does not store data. Every refresh re-queries the data in the warehouse. Setting an auto-refresh may burden the connection and result in significant warehouse costs.
- To set up a refresh schedule, you must have Can Edit access to the individual workbook.
Set Up a Refresh Schedule
Click the caret (▼) icon button to the right of the refresh button in your workbook's header.
Select Data refresh.
The Data Refresh Settings modal opens.
- If the feature is not yet active, click Enable.
- Use the Query data every and Between fields to select the frequency and timeframe.
- Click Save.
- If you are ready to publish your changes, click the Publish button in the workbook header.
Refresh Individual Data Elements
- Select the data element.
- Click the More menu at the top right corner of the element.
- Click Refresh data.