Invite people to your organization
This article describes how to invite new password-authenticated members to Sigma. This method is only available to organizations that allow password authenticated users.
The method used to invite people depends on how your organization configured authentication. If your organization uses SAML or OAuth to authenticate, you must assign users in the IdP application. For more information on these authentication methods, visit Manage Authentication.
Summary of Content
Invite New Members by Email
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Invite Users from the dropdown menu.
This directs you to the People tab. Click Invite People in the upper-right corner.
- The Invite People to Use Sigma modal allows you to invite one or more users with the same account type.
- Select an Account Type from the dropdown Select Account Type menu.
The help icon (?) to the right of the menu describes the selected role. This list includes Custom Account Types.
- In the Enter Email Addresses to Invite New Members field, enter the email addresses of the users to invite. To invite multiple users, separate addresses with commas.
[Admin only] To add your new user(s) directly to a team, select one or more teams from the list under Assign Teams.
Resend or Delete User Invites in Bulk
- In the admin portal, go to the People tab.
- To resend invites in bulk, click the box next to each user you want to reactivate. To select all, click the box next to Email.
- Click the envelope icon. The invite is automatically resent.
- To delete invites in bulk, repeat the steps above but click the trash can icon.
- Click Confirm.
Set a Default Account Type for Invites
A default account type can be set for all email-based member invites. This setting — Invitation default — is located at the top of your Admin Portal’s Account Types page.
This is a default only – Alternative account types can be selected during the invitation process.
This setting is only used when new, password-authenticated members are invited through the Sigma Admin Portal; it is not used as a default account type for SSO-initiated invites.
- Open your Admin Portal.
- Select the Account Types page from the left-side panel.
- Use the dropdown menu to the right of Invitation Default to select your default account type.