Combo Charts (Workbooks)
Combo charts are a type of visualization that uses a mixture of chart types. Sigma combo charts support bars, lines, areas and scatter plots.
Summary of Content
- Users with edit permission on the workbook can add and edit visualizations.
- Users with explore permission on the workbook can edit visualizations. However, their changes cannot be saved to the existing workbook.
Plot a Combo Chart
Visualized data will not display on the page canvas until all required plot fields are defined.
Add columns to open fields using either the field's + menu or dragging and dropping the column.
- X-AXIS (1 column)
Data is first grouped by the column on the X-AXIS.
- Y-AXIS (1+ columns)
Columns added to the visualization’s Y-AXIS are aggregated by default. Aggregation type (e.g. Sum vs Count) is dependent on the original column’s value type.
By default, the first column placed on the y-axis is displayed as a bar chart, and all additional columns are plotted as lines. However, each plotted column's SHAPE can be set to any of four options – bar, line, area, or scatter – from its column menu (see Change a Column's Shape).
- TOOLTIP (1+ columns)
To begin editing a visualization's format options, select the visualization to open its editor panel view. Then click the paintbrush ( ) icon in the workbook sidebar, located on the left side of the workbook.
The following Format options are available for box and whisker charts:
Change a Column's Shape
Column's plotted on a combo chart's y-axis can take one of four shapes: bar, line, area, or scatter. Follow the steps below to change a column's shape.
- Select the visualization.
- In the editor panel, hover over the column, and click its caret (▼) icon.
This will open the column's menu.
- Open the SHAPE submenu and choose a shape: Bar, Line, Area, or Scatter.