Integration for Slack
Sigma's Integration for Slack enables the members of your organization to send and schedule Sigma notifications for any channel in your connected Slack account.
- Enable Slack notifications
- Access and permissions
- Activating Slack for users
- Adding Sigma to a private Slack channel
- Related resources
- Only Sigma Admins can enable the Integration for Slack.
- Depending on your organization's Slack settings, the Slack admin must approve the Sigma app before enabling the integration between Slack and Sigma.
See Understand app permissions in Slack documentation.
- After enabling the integration, only Sigma Creators and Admins can send and schedule Slack notifications.
Enable Slack notifications
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting Administration in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- On the Account page, find the Integrations section.
- Click the Add button next to the Slack integration.
- The process redirects you to Slack, to authorize the integration.
- Click Allow to complete the integration.
- To test the integration, try sending or scheduling a notification.
Access and permissions
When you send or schedules a notification in Sigma, you can choose to include a link to the worksheet or dashboard in Sigma. Anyone who sees the notification in Slack must have a Sigma account with access granted to view it with full details inside Sigma.
Activating Slack for users
After you enable an integration with Sigma, you can open a new channel from Slack.
Follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Sigma option in the Slack app directory.
- Click Open in Slack.
- The process redirects you to Sigma.
You may have to authorize access, and choose the version of Slack you plan to use.
- The direct Sigma channel now appears in your organization's Slack interface.
Adding Sigma to a private Slack channel
To add Sigma notifications to a private Slack channel, follow these steps:
- In the channel where you plan to add Sigma, start typing @sigma.
The system finds the match, Sigma app. Note that it is not in channel at this time.
- Select the Sigma app.
- The Slackbot dialog prompts you to add Sigma to the channel.
Click Invite Them.
- The system confirms that the Sigma app is now in the private channel.