Sigma's Slack integration will allow your organization members to send and schedule Sigma worksheet and dashboard report notifications to any channel in your connected Slack account.
Summary of Content
- Only Sigma Admins can enable the Slack integration.
- Once the integration is enabled, only Sigma Creators and Admins can send and schedule Slack notifications.
Enable Slack Notifications
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting Administration in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- On the Account page you will see a section titled Integrations.
Click the Add button next to the Slack integration.
- You will be temporarily redirected to Slack to authorize the integration.
- Click Allow to complete the integration.To test the integration, try sending or scheduling a notification.
Access and Permissions
By default, Slack notifications are only available for your account's public Slack channels. To allow exports to a private channel, add the @Sigma Notifications bot to that channel by typing @Sigma Notifications directly in the channel.
When a Sigma user sends or schedules a notification, they have the option to choose whether the notification will include a link to the worksheet or dashboard in Sigma. Anyone viewing the notification in Slack must have a Sigma account with access granted on the report to view it live in Sigma.