Sigma's Slack integration will allow your organization members to send and schedule Sigma notifications to any channel in your connected Slack account.
Summary of Content
- Only Sigma Admins can enable the Slack integration.
- Once the integration is enabled, only Sigma Creators and Admins can send and schedule Slack notifications.
Enable Slack Notifications
Prerequisite: Your Slack admin may need to approve the Sigma app prior to enabling the integration from Sigma. The need to do this depends on your organization's Slack settings. Learn more
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting Administration in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- On the Account page you will see a section titled Integrations.
Click the Add button next to the Slack integration.
- You will be temporarily redirected to Slack to authorize the integration.
- Click Allow to complete the integration.To test the integration, try sending or scheduling a notification.
Access and Permissions
When a Sigma user sends or schedules a notification, they have the option to choose whether the notification will include a link to the worksheet or dashboard in Sigma. Anyone viewing the notification in Slack must have a Sigma account with access granted on the report to view it live in Sigma.
Public vs Private Channels
By default, Slack notifications are only available for your account's public Slack channels. To allow exports to a private channel, add the @Sigma Notifications bot to that channel by typing @Sigma Notifications directly in the channel.