Share templates with different orgs
This doc explains how to share templates with other organizations.
- An existing template. For more information on how to create a template, see Create and Edit Templates.
- You must be an admin in the sending org or the receiving org.
Share a template
You can share Sigma templates with other organizations. When you share a template, no actual data is shared with the recipient organization.
This functionality is useful for customers who control multiple Sigma orgs and to create new Sigma orgs for their customers, allowing you to share templates with your customers. When the recipient org receives your template, they can select tables or datasets to use in their connection. When a workbook is created from the shared template, it will use those data sources.
Send a template to an org
Complete the steps below to share a template with another organization.
- Go to the Templates tab.
- To share a new template, click Create Template.
- To share an existing template click on the more menu and select Share.
- Click Share across Sigma Orgs.
- Enter the Company Login URL Slug, which is the last part of the destination org's URL.
- Click Send email, defaults to enabled, to send the template to the recipient org.
- In the Add a message field, write a message to recipient org that's included in the email.
- Click Share Template to send the template via email to the recipient org.
The organization who received a template should complete the steps below.
- Admins of the org receive an email.
- In the body of the email, click Open in Sigma.
- On the Swap Data Sources Overview modal, you can select a new data source in the dropdown menus under Matching Connection or Matching Data Sources. The % Match field confirms the match with a green bar. A red bar indicates a match failure.
- Click Choose.
- To manually swap the data source, click Match Manually. And then click Select Source.
- In the Select Source modal, you can search or open any of the listed folders to locate the data source you want to use.
- Click Select then Choose.
- Click Accept in upper right of the workbook to add it to your org.