Account Time Zone
If you have Admin privileges you can specify your organization’s time zone at Administration > Account > General Settings > Time. By default, Sigma presents all data in UTC. You can change this, if needed, to present all time-based data values in your organization's preferred time zone.
- Only organization Admins can define the account time zone for their organization.
Select a Time Zone
- Go to the Administration > Account > General Settings tab.
Find the Time section and click Edit.
- In the Account Timezone dropdown, select your time zone from the menu.
If your time zone is not listed, contact your Account Manager or Support.
- Click Save.
What to Expect if You Change the Time Zone
If you change the time zone (this is especially important for existing customers switching from UTC):
Existing absolute date filters are not effected by the change but will start showing the date range in the new time zone. For example, after switching from UTC to Americas/Los_Angeles, a static period originally defined as starting at 1/1/2021 0:00:00 will be presented as starting at 12/31/2020 15:00:00.
Existing relative date filters defined in days or less granular units will be presented the same way (e.g. 30 days ago), but their meaning will change (e.g. from the midnight UTC 30 days ago to the midnight Pacific Time 30 days ago).
- Date values passed in to Workbook control values via the URL are parsed according to your account time zone. You may override this default behavior so that our system parses the date values as being in the UTC +0 time zone.
Materialized datasets won't update to the new time zone until refreshed. If you use materialized datasets, changing your account time zone may lead to temporary inconsistencies until all materializations are refreshed.
Caution: Changing your time zone may effect how date values stored in time zone aware columns are interpreted. For example, if you insert “1/1/2021” into a Snowflake TIMESTAMP_TZ column using the UTC session time zone, Sigma will display it as 1/1/2021 00:00:00 if your organization time zone is set to UTC. However, if your time zone is Americas/Los_Angeles, the same timestamp will display as 12/31/2020 15:00:00.
Recommendation: don’t use time zone aware columns for storing date values.
- Caution: CSVs uploaded to Sigma automatically use a time zone aware column to store time and date values. If you have previously uploaded a CSV file with a date column, you should re-upload it after changing your organization’s time zone to prevent dates from being re-interpreted in the new time zone (see details in the previous bullet point).
- If a timestamp's source doesn't include information about the time zone, Sigma will automatically apply your account time zone (not UTC).
Convert Time Zone (Community)