Pie and Donut Charts (Workbooks)
Pie and Donuts Charts are a great way to visualize data as a percentage of a total.
Summary of Content
- To create a data element, you must have Can Edit access to the individual workbook and be in Edit mode.
- Many exploratory actions are also supported in Explore mode. Learn more
- COLOR (1 column)
- VALUE (1+ columns)
Columns added to the VALUE field are aggregated by default. Aggregation type (e.g. Sum vs Count) is dependent on the original column’s value type (e.g. text, number, date, etc).
Example: A numeric column [Sales Amount] will create a new calculated column [Sum of Sales Amount].
- TOOLTIP: choose columns to show when hovering over points in the chart
- TRELLIS: select columns to serve as Trellis Rows or Columns, splitting the chart into separate charts
To begin editing an visualization’s format options:
Before you start: This action uses the editor panel. If you have not done so already, open the editor panel from either Explore or Edit mode. Learn more
- In the editor panel, click the paintbrush () button.
- Select a format option to view and edit its settings.
The following format categories are available for pie and donut charts:
- DATA LABELS