Single Value Visualizations (Workbooks)
Summary of Content
Plot a Single Value Visualization
Visualized data will not display on the page canvas until all required plot fields are defined.
Add columns to open fields using either the field's + menu or dragging and dropping the column.
- VALUE (1+)
Columns added to the VALUE field are aggregated by default. Aggregation type (e.g. Sum vs Count) is dependent on the original column’s value type (e.g. text, number, date, etc).
- Comparison (1)
To begin editing a visualization's format options, select the visualization to open its editor panel view. Then click the paintbrush icon at the top of the editor panel.
The following Format options are available for Single Value Visualizations:
Apply Conditional Formatting
- Select the visualization to open its editor panel view.
- Under MARKS > COLOR, click + Add rule.
- A new undefined rule will appear. Click to edit.
- In the popup:
- Select a column to apply the rule to (Apply to).
- Define your Formatting rule.
- Click the paint bucket icon to select a background color AND/OR click the text icon to select a font color.
If multiple rules are applied to a single column, you may need to order your rules by precedence. Rules higher in the list take precedence over their lower peers.
Drag and drop rules to reorder them.
Add a Tooltip
- Select the chart to open its editor panel view.
- Under MARKS > TOOLTIP, click + Add rule.
- In the pop menu, select the column you would like to use.
Note: Columns added as Tooltip Marks are aggregated by default. Aggregation type (e.g. Sum vs Count) is dependent on the original column’s value type (e.g. text, number, date, etc).
Note: Hover your cursor over the visualization's value to show the tooltip.
- [optional] Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add additional columns to the tooltip.