Create a Connection
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting ‘Administration’ in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- Select the ‘Connections’ page from the left hand panel.
- Click the ‘Create Connection’ button.
- Name your connection.
- Select your warehouse type.
- Each warehouse type requires different input. Use the following instructions for your warehouse:
- Connect to Snowflake
- Connect to BigQuery
- Connect to Redshift or Postgres
- [optional] Under 'Connection Features’, you can set a connection timeout and/or enable write access.
- After completing the form, click the ‘Create’ button in the top right of your screen.
Connection Credential Terms
|Name||The name of the connection that Sigma will display in the connection list|
|Host||The host path where your database is located|
|Port||The port Sigma will use to connect to the host|
|Username||The username you use when connecting to the database|
|Database||The name of the database you would like to query using Sigma|
|Billing Project ID||Your BigQuery Project ID|
|Server||The server we will use to connect to Snowflake|
In some cases, you may need to whitelist Sigma's IP address:
After creating a connection, you will likely want to selectively share access with other people in your organization. Learn more about permissions.
By default, Sigma sets query timeouts to 120 seconds (2 minutes). When queries hit the timeout limit, Sigma will cancel the query. Under 'Connection Features', you can set a custom query timeout for your connection.