Summary of Content
Plot a Line Chart
- X-AXIS (1 column)
- Y-AXIS (1+ columns)
Columns added to the Y-AXIS field are aggregated by default. Aggregation type (e.g. Sum vs Count) is dependent on the original column’s value type (e.g. text, number, date, etc).
For example, a numeric column such as 'Sales Amount' will create a new calculated column, 'Sum of Sales Amount' (e.g. Sum([Sales Amount])).
- COLOR: choose a color for the line or a field to use to split the line into different colored lines (like the Product Family example in the screenshot below).
- TOOLTIP: choose columns to show when hovering over points in the chart.
- TRELLIS: select columns to serve as Trellis Rows or Columns, splitting the chart into separate charts.
To begin editing a visualization's format options, select the visualization to open its editor panel view. Then click the paint brush icon at the top of the editor panel.
The following Format options are available for bar charts:
- Data Labels
- Reference Lines
Add Data Labels
When data labels are added to a line chart, they are applied to every line in the visualization.
- Open the chart’s editor panel view, and click the paintbrush icon to open the format settings.
- Click DATA LABELS.
- Click Show data labels.
- [optional] Select a Label Style from the following list:
- Min - Displays the line’s minimum value.
- Max - Displays the line’s maximum value.
- Min/Max - Displays both the minimum and maximum values.
- Endpoints - Displays the values at both the beginning and the end of the line.
- All - Displays all values on the line, when possible. Value labels may be excluded to prevent overlap.
Please note: If the selected label style is Min, Max, or Min/Max and applies to multiple identical values on a line, both instances will be displayed. For example, if “Min” is selected, and the line has two instances of its minimum value, both will be labeled.
- [optional] Select a custom Color.
- [optional] Select a custom Font size.