- Click the profile icon on the top right-hand side of the screen, then select 'Settings'.
- Click the Connections tab
- Select + Add Connection.
- Select which database you would like to connect to.
- Enter in the required information. Each database has slightly different connection requirements.
Connect to Snowflake
Connect to BigQuery
Connect to Redshift
- Set connection Time Out. When queries hit the timeout limit, Sigma will cancel the query. By default, query timeout is set to 120 seconds or 2 minutes.
- Choose whether to enable Write Access. Enabling Write Access is necessary for materialization and CSV uploads.
After creating the connection, you can assign your users and teams permission to use the data in the database.
|Name||The name of the connection that Sigma will display in the connection list|
|Host||The host path where your database is located|
|Port||The port Sigma will use to connect to the host|
|Username||The username you use when connecting to the database|
|Database||The name of the database you would like to query using Sigma|
|Billing Project ID||Your BigQuery Project ID|
|Server||The server we will use to connect to Snowflake|
In some cases, you may need to whitelist Sigma's IP address: