Workbook Collaboration with Live Edit
Your team can collaborate on workbook drafts in real time, with all editors sharing one live draft. This "live edit" feature allows you to see and contribute to other people’s drafted changes before they are published.
Note: Prior to 11/1/2022, editors worked with individual drafts. Drafts were not sharable and work was not visible until published. Beginning 11/1/2022, all new organizations support shared, live drafts. This new feature is gradually being rolled out to legacy organizations. Organizations' Admins will be notified before the change is made.
- Only users with Can Edit access to the workbook can contribute.
Edit a Workbook
To begin editing an existing workbook, click Edit in the workbook header.
When you enter Edit mode:
- The header's Edit button switches to an Editing menu.
- The header's version menu switches from PUBLISHED to DRAFT.
- The header displays a list of all other users currently in Edit mode.
Tip: Click a user’s icon to navigate to the element they have selected, if they have one selected.
- Workbook elements show the name of the user or users who are currently selecting the element.
- The editor panel and sidebar appear on the left side of the page.
- Changes you make to the draft will automatically save to the live draft shared by all editors.
- Important: If an editor clicks Publish, all drafted changes are published. This includes changes drafted by all editors on the live draft.
To learn more about editing and publishing drafts, visit Editing, Drafts, and Publishing.
Editing, Drafts, and Publishing
Workbook Version History
Workbook Lifecycle: Explore, Draft, and Publish
Workbook Modes: View, Explore, and Edit