Share Workbook Templates
Workbook templates allow users to templatize and share workbook structures for quick and consistent reuse. This article covers how to share workbook templates with other organization members and teams.
Summary of Content
- To share a template, you must:
- be a Creator or Admin
- have Can Edit access to the template
Template Permission Options
Two permission types are available for templates:
- Can Use – allows the user to view the template and create workbooks from it.
- Can Edit – allows the user to edit and share the template, in addition to all “Can Use” permissions
Share a Template
- Open your Templates gallery page.
You can access this page from:
- the left-side navigation panel on your home page, OR
- the quick navigation menu (), located in the top left corner of any document page.
- Find the template you want to edit.
Then click its vertical ••• button, to open its menu.
- Click Open.
- In the workbook header, click the share () icon button.
This will open the Share modal.
- Under Member or Team, select the user(s) or team(s) you want to share with.
- Under Permission, select a permission type.
- [optional] Include a message to send with the invitation.
- Click Save.