Use Your Organization's Plugins (Beta)
This feature is currently in beta. Beta features are subject to quick, iterative changes. As a result, this document may not reflect the most current version.
Sigma supports plugin elements in workbooks. Plugins are third-party applications built to add additional functionality into an existing product. For example, a software developer in your organization may create a plugin that allows you to display your data in a chart type not otherwise supported in Sigma.
You only have access to plugins registered with your organization.
Summary of Content
- To add or edit a plugin-based workbook element, you must be an Explorer, Creator, or Admin and have Can Edit access to the individual workbook.
Add a Plugin-Based Element to a Workbook
Important: Plugin-based elements only accept data elements as data sources. The source data element must live in the same workbook as the plugin.
Before you start: This action is only available in edit mode. To begin editing, click Edit in the top right corner of the page. Learn more
- Open the workbook's ADD NEW panel.
- Select PLUGINS.
- Select a plugin type from the list.
Note: You only have access to plugins registered with your organization.
Your new blank plugin-based element will appear on the page.
- Configure your element’s values using the editor panel.
- Each element’s configuration options are defined by the individual plugin.
- Plugins only have access to the first 25,000 rows in a data source. As such, data should be grouped and aggregated to reduce the total number of rows. If your data source already contains groupings, the editor panel will prompt you to select an aggregate level.