Workbook Refresh Options
Workbook data is refreshed every time an individual opens or refreshes the workbook.
If you would like a workbook's data to refresh without user action, you can set a custom refresh schedule. We recommend this option if you are primarily displaying the workbook on a screen that people may be referencing without actively interacting with.
Data elements can also be refreshed individually.
Important: Sigma does not store data. Every refresh re-queries the data in the warehouse. Setting an auto-refresh may burden the connection and result in significant warehouse costs.
Summary of Content
- To use this feature, you must have Can Edit access to the individual workbook.
Set a Refresh Schedule
Click the caret (▼) icon button to the right of the refresh button in your workbook's header.
Select Data refresh.
This will open the Data Refresh Settings modal.
- If the feature is not yet active, click Enable.
- Use the Query data every and Between fields to select the frequency and time-fame of the workbook's custom auto-refresh.
- Click Save.
- If you are ready to publish your changes, click the Publish button in the workbook header.
Refresh Individual Data Elements
- Hover your cursor over your target data element.
- Click the vertical ••• icon button in the top right corner of the element.
- Click Refresh data.