Sigma's CSV Upload feature allows your team to upload and analyze CSV data in Sigma. This feature stores a copy of the CSV directly in your data warehouse. As such, it must be enabled on both your organization and individual warehouse connection by an organization admin.
Summary of Content
- Sigma Admin privileges are required to enable this feature. Learn about account types.
- A connection that supports write access: Snowflake, Redshift or BigQuery.
CSV Data Storage
When a CSV file is uploaded to Sigma, its data is automatically written back to your data warehouse as a new table. If your organization has multiple warehouses with write access enabled, organization members uploading a CSV will be given the option to select a single destination warehouse.
CSV data stored in your warehouse is only accessible through the worksheet or Dataset created during file upload. It can however, be joined to other data stored in the same warehouse. Organization members must share the CSV sourced worksheet or Dataset to allow others to view the CSV data.
If the worksheets or Datasets referencing the uploaded CSV are deleted from Sigma, the associated table created in your warehouse will automatically be removed within 24 hours.
Please note: When write access is enabled on a connection schema, the schema is hidden from the Sigma connection panel. Instead of a list of tables, you will see a note that declaring "No Accessible Data". The schema and its tables will remain available in your data warehouse.
Enable CSV Upload
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting Administration in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- On the Account page you will see a section titled Features.
Click the Enable button next to CSV Upload.
Please note: This will automatically enable CSV upload for any connections with write access enabled.
- Before your team can upload CSVs, you must also enable write access on the connection(s) you wish to use for this feature. Learn how.