Invite People to Your Organization
How you invite new users to your organization depends on your organization's selected authentication method.
The following article will show you how to invite new password-authenticated members to Sigma through your Admin Portal. This method is only available to organizations that allow password authenticated users.
If your organization instead uses SAML or OAuth for Identity Provider (IdP) managed Single Sign On (SSO) authentication, you will need to invite users through your IdP's application. For more information on these authentication methods, visit Manage Authentication.
Summary of Content
Invite New Members by Email
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Invite Users from the dropdown menu.
This will take you to Settings and open the Invite People to Use Sigma modal.
This modal will allow you to invite one or more users with the same account type.
- Select an account type from the drop Select Account Type menu.
The help icon (?) to the right of the menu will tell you about each selected role.
- Type the email address of the person you would like to invite under Enter Email Address. If you are inviting multiple users, type each address separated by commas.
- [Admin only] If you would like to add your new user(s) directly to a team, select one or more teams from the list under Assign Teams.
- Click Invite.
Set a Default Account Type for Invites
A default account type can be set for all email-based member invites. This setting — Invitation default — is located at the top of your Admin Portal’s Account Types page.
This is a default only – Alternative account types can be selected during the invitation process.
Note: This setting is only used when new, password-authenticated members are invited through the Sigma Admin Portal; it is not used as a default account type for SSO-initiated invites.
- Open your Admin Portal.
- Select the Account Types page from the left-side panel.
- Use the dropdown menu to the right of Invitation Default to select your default account type.