Summary of Content
Only organization admins can generate public embed links; see Account types.
Who Can See my Data?
Public embeds are available to anyone with the embed url. Embed viewers will be able to input values into any controls you make visible on the workbook.
Access to a public embed will not allow anyone to access additional data in Sigma without a Sigma account for your organization and proper permissions on the workbook.
Export functionality in public embedding is limited to PNG so Excel, CSV, and PDF (including download buttons) are not possible.
Create a Public Embed
To create a public embed, you will need to know how to create an embed URL, and you or someone on your team will need to know how to inject the embed into your non-Sigma application using an iFrame.
The following instructions apply to full workbooks, individual workbook pages, and single element embedding.
- Open the workbook.
If the workbook is in Edit mode:
Click Publish to publish your changes.
Then click Editing > Go to published version.
- Click Editing > Go to published version to return to the latest published version.
- Click Publish to publish your changes.
- Click the caret (▼) button to the right of the workbook title.
- Select Embedding.
This will open the Embedding modal.
- Open the Public tab.
Under Generate Public URL for, select your embed target.
Options will include the entire workbook, all individual workbook pages, and all individual data elements.
A public link and the embed code will automatically be generated.
The embed code is an iframe with its `src` property set to the public link url.
- Click Copy to copy the embed code.
- Paste the <iframe> in your external application’s html codebase.
Delete a Public Embed
- Open the workbook.
- If the workbook is in a draft state, click the Publish button.
A workbook must be published to create or manage embeds.
- Click the vertical ••• menu icon in the workbook header.
Click Embedding to open the Embed Workbook modal.
- This modal displays all available public and application embeds.
It opens to the Public embed tab by default.
- Click the trashcan icon at the top right of the embed you would like to delete.
- If you have not done so already, delete the embed code from your non-Sigma application.
Disable Public Embedding
- Open your Admin Portal
- On the Account page, find the section titled Features.
- Click the toggle switch next to Public Embeds.