Connect to your Redshift Cluster
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting ‘Administration’ in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- Select the ‘Connections’ page from the left hand panel.
- Click the ‘Create Connection’ button.
- Name your connection.
- Select ‘Redshift’ under warehouse type.
You will then be prompted to specify your `Connection Credentials`.
Learn more about finding these credentials.
- Under ‘Host’, enter your cluster ‘Endpoint’ url.
- Under ‘Port’, enter your cluster’s port number.
- Under ‘User’, enter your cluster’s database name.
- Under, ‘Password’, enter your Redshift username.
- Under ‘Database’, enter your Redshift password.
- [optional] ‘Enable TLS’ encryption on your connection via the toggle switch.
- [optional] Connect to your instance via SSH Tunnel. Learn more
- [optional] Under 'Connection Features’, you can set a connection timeout and/or enable write access.
- After completing the form, click the ‘Create’ button near the top right of your screen.
Finding your Redshift Cluster Credentials
- Go to the AWS Management Console.
- In the search bar, search and select ‘Redshift’.
You will be taken to the Redshift dashboard.
- In the left hand navigation panel, select ‘Clusters’.
- Click on the cluster you would like to connect to Sigma.
This will take you to the cluster page where you can find the credentials you will need to connect to Sigma!