The SumIf function adds the numbers in a column if all the conditions are true for that row.
SumIf(column, condition 1, [condition 2], ...)
- number (required) - The column of numbers to add together. Null values are skipped.
- condition 1 (required) - The logical condition that returns a result that is either True or False. If the condition is True, the number on the corresponding row is added to the sum. Note: you can use operators in conditions.
- condition 2 + (optional) - Additional conditions can be added after the first condition.
In the case of multiple conditions the "AND" logical operator is used by default. In order to use an "OR" operator the conditions should be encapsulated in a single condition chained by an explicit "OR."
SumIf( [Sales], [State] = "TX" )
- Returns the sum of all the sales in Texas.
SumIf( [Sales], [State] = "TX" OR [State] = "CA")
- Returns the sum of all the sales in Texas or California using the "OR" operator.
SumIf( [Sales], [State] = "TX", [CustomerID] = "1234" )
- Returns the sum of all the sales in Texas for customer ID "1234"