Webhook exports (Beta)
This feature is currently in beta. Beta features are subject to quick, iterative changes. As a result, this document may not reflect the most current version. In order to access this feature please place a request with your customer success manager or reach out to the support chat to have it enabled for your organization.
This feature does not currently support export to authenticated endpoints.
Sigma webhook exports allow you to send data to your own webhook endpoint or to other applications such as Marketo, Segment, or Airtable, using a webhook. You can export your workbook data on an as-needed basis or create one or more schedules for recurring exports. Each schedule can support multiple endpoints and send conditions.
- To use this feature, you must:
- Be an Explorer, Creator, or Admin or be assigned a custom account type with the appropriate permissions.
- Have Can Edit or Can Explore access to the individual workbook.
- Webhook endpoints must use HTTPS.
- The workbook must be published. Drafted changes are not included in exports.
The following file types are available for all webhook exports:
The webhook export limit is the same global limit for all exports, 1 million rows. There is no separate limit for webhook exports.
Send an ad hoc webhook export
- From the workbook menu (▼), select Send now.
Sigma opens the Send Now modal.
- Set the Destination to Webhook Export.
The modal changes to show webhook-related fields.
- For the Endpoint, enter one or more target webhook endpoints.
- Separate multiple endpoints with commas.
- Endpoint URLs must start with "https://.
- If the workbook has versions or bookmarks, select which one you would like to send.
- From the Attachment menu, select a data element to export.
Sigma organizes the elements by page.
- From the Format as menu, select an export format, either CSV or JSON.
- Click Send.
Schedule a recurring export
- From the workbook menu (▼), select Schedule exports.
Sigma opens the Schedule Exports modal.
- a. If this is the workbook's first schedule, click Add Schedule.
b. If one or more schedules already exist, click + New Schedule.
Sigma opens the New schedule modal.
- Change Destination to Webhook.
- Follow steps 3-6 in the previous section above.
- Set the delivery schedule.
- For Repeat by select a schedule option: Day/Week, Month or Custom.
- From the Timezone, select a time zone.
- Setting a schedule's frequency depends on the Repeat by selection.
- Day/Week: pick the schedule's day or days of the week (On days), how often on a day (Occurrence) and time of day (At).
- Month: Select the Day of month (1-31) and time (At).
- Custom: Enter a raw cron string value. For more information see Set up a custom delivery schedule.
- (Optional) Select one or more workbook controls to apply to the exported content. For more information see Apply control values to scheduled reports.
- In the search box below Controls, search for and select the control by control ID.
- Select the control value(s) to apply to the scheduled export.
- Repeat this step to add additional controls.
- Click Create Schedule.