Connect to AlloyDB (Beta)
This document explains how to connect your AlloyDB Cluster to Sigma Computing.
Summary of Content
- Admin privileges in your Sigma organization. Learn about account types.
- An AlloyDB data warehouse
Connect to your AlloyDB Cluster
Note: If your AlloyDB instance is on a VPC, you will need to take additional steps. For more information, see Configure VPC Service Controls.
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting Administration in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- Select the Connections page from the left-hand panel.
- Click the Create Connection button.
- Name your connection.
- Select AlloyDB under warehouse Type.
Once selected, you're prompted to define your Connection Credentials.
- Enter your cluster Endpoint URL In the Host field.
Note: Sigma will connect from 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206.
- Enter your cluster’s port number in the Port field.
- Enter your AlloyDB username in the User field.
- Enter your AlloyDB password in the Password field.
- Enter your cluster’s database name in the Database field.
- [optional] Enable TLS encryption on your connection.
- [optional] Connect to your instance via SSH Tunnel.
If you enable the SSH Tunnel, you're prompted to enter the Tunnel host and Tunnel port.
Learn more about configuring a SSH Tunnel.
- [optional] Under Connection Features, you can set a connection timeout and/or enable write access.
- Click Create in the top right to create your configuration.
Locate your AlloyDB Cluster Credentials
- In the Google Cloud console, go to the Clusters page.
- Click on the cluster you would like to connect to Sigma.
This opens the cluster page where you locate the required credentials to connect to Sigma.