The PercentOfTotal function returns the percent of total for an aggregate formula.
This function is shorthand for: aggregate / Subtotal(aggregate, mode, parameters).
PercentOfTotal(aggregate, [mode], [parameters])
- aggregate (required) - The aggregate formula to use
mode (optional) - The mode to use when calculating the aggregate formula. Mode determines which dimension(s) to use when performing the calculation.
- General purpose modes
“grand_total”(default for visualizations and pivot tables) - Calculates the percent of grand total for the aggregate formula.
- Visualization modes
“color”- Calculates the aggregate percent of total using only the column specified for COLOR.
“x_axis”- Calculates the aggregate percent of total using only the column(s) placed on the X-AXIS.
“trellis_row”-Calculates the aggregate percent of total using only the dimension specified for the TRELLIS COLUMN or TRELLIS ROW.
- Pivot table modes
“row”- Calculates aggregate percent of total for the column or row total.
“row_parent”- Calculates the aggregate percent of total for the column or row total, relative to the subtotal calculation for the parent dimensions.
- Table modes
“grouping_parent”(default for tables) - Calculates the aggregate formula using the grouping keys from a parent grouping. This is equivalent to creating the aggregate calculation in a parent grouping and referencing it from a column in a lower grouping.
- General purpose modes
parameters (optional) - An additional parameter specific to the mode.
- Only applicable to the following modes: "column_parent", "row_parent" and "grouping_parent". For these modes, this 3rd parameter specifies how many parent dimensions to ignore.
PercentOfTotal(Sum([Quantity] * [Price]), "row")
- The numerator of the percentage is the aggregate formula calculated along rows and columns.
- The denominator of the percentage is the aggregate formula calculated along the rows.
- The pivot table subtotals calculate the percent of total at the expected granularity.
PercentOfTotal(Sum([Quantity] * [Price]), "x_axis")
- The numerator of the percentage is the aggregate formula calculated along the x-axis and color.
- The denominator of the percentage is the aggregate formula calculated along the x-axis.
- The calculation is shown in the tooltip, but is usable anywhere an aggregate formula is allowed.