Aligning elements in dashboard sections has gotten easier! When you add new elements to your dashboard, they will automatically be vertically aligned to the lowest existing element in the section.
We’ve also made it possible to selectively auto-size elements. Go to the element’s settings menu and click ‘Auto Size Element’. This option will stretch the element to fit the full available height within its section. Learn more about dashboard layouts.
Changes to a worksheet’s source parameters will now be displayed in the ‘Updated Sources’ modal. This modal appears in a Worksheet when one of its data sources has been modified. It will allow you to select whether or not you would like to include these changes in the worksheet. Learn more about parameters.
Your exported pivot tables will now reflect their structure and most formatting set in Sigma! Learn more
The left side totals and parameters panel in worksheets now stretches the full height of the table and chart area. This change allows the panel to support more content and removes its dependency on table height.
Visualizations on dashboards keep getting more interactive! You can now selectively highlight chart values through dashboard control inputs. Learn more about dashboard controls.
Please note: Highlighting of value ranges is not yet supported.
You can now select multiple values on a dashboard parameter by setting the parameter’s value to a comma-separated list. This list will be evaluated as a single text string. Apply text functions on the list to leverage these values.
You can now easily switch an aggregated column’s aggregation type directly from the column’s dropdown menu.
🐞 Fixed: Conditional formatting now displays properly on pivot tables with multiple ‘Value’ fields and stacked value formatting.
- You can now convert your old dashboards to our use Sigma's new dashboard builder! Improve the look and feel of your existing dashboards with little effort. Learn how and why.
🐞 Fixed: A bug causing legends to be missing on some area charts has been fixed.
🐞 Fixed: A Safari-only application embedding and public embed URL filter bug has been fixed.
- ATTENTION ADMINS! Sigma has a new Admin Portal.
This portal replaces your old Settings pages with an easier to navigate, and all around better looking, interface. Learn more about what you can do from the Admin Portal.
Please note: Only Admins can access this portal and its functionality.
- Signed Embedding has been renamed to “Application Embedding” to ensure our naming convention is consistent with the feature’s purpose. Learn more about Application Embedding.
- Conditional Formatting now has increased functionality along with a new look and feel! You can now easily set both Single Color and Color Scale rules on your pivot tables and table charts! Learn more.
- Sigma’s navigation panel is mobile friendly! Open Sigma on your phone or tablet and use the navigation panel to easily access one of your new mobile friendly dashboards.
- 🐞 Fixed: You will no longer encounter any issues when switching the destination channel on a previously saved scheduled reports. Learn more about scheduled reports.
It is now possible to materialize Datasets referencing other Datasets!
These queries are some of the most complicated in Sigma. Allowing them to be materialized transforms otherwise gnarly SQL and decreases load time, yielding faster results that are then passed to downstream reports. Learn more about Dataset materialization.
We now support the categorical sizing of non-numeric columns added to the size field on scatter charts, scatter plot layers of combo charts, and map charts.
You can now hide columns in table charts! This will allow you to sort your chart on a column without visibly exposing the column.
Cells containing null values in table charts and pivot tables will now display as blank cells rather than showing null.
- 🐞 Fixed: We no longer display null as 0 in chart legends.
- You can now specify an account type immediately when inviting new users to your organization! Learn how to invite new users.
- We improved our error messaging on broken dashboard embed links.
- We improved our handling of some error cases during Dataset Materialization.
- 🐞 Fixed: We fixed an incorrect sort order bug in pivot table exports.
- Google Drive exporting is here!
Unlike our existing Google Sheets export, this option does not overwrite an existing Sheet. Instead, a new Sheet will be created in a destination folder on each scheduled export. Learn more
- Does your organization use SAML? We’ve added an option to set users’ Sigma roles directly from your SAML provider. Learn more about configuring SSO.
- You can now allow visualizations accessed through signed embedding to be downloaded. Learn more about signed embedding.
- Chart tooltips now show legend markers!
- 🐞 Fixed: When editing a source, your join type field will no longer reset unexpectedly.
- 🐞 Fixed: We no longer render extra empty header rows on value only pivot tables.
We’ve made it possible for you to specify an exact pixel width for columns in your table visualizations.
To set an exact pixel width on a column in your table visualization, open the visualization panel, select the ‘Format’ tab, open the ‘Field Formatting’ section, select a column from the dropdown menu, toggle off ‘Auto-size Width’, and type a number into the ‘Width’ input box.
We’ve improved the date range selection control on our new mobile friendly dashboards. If you haven’t already tried out Sigma’s new dashboards, you can follow these instructions to Create a Dashboard.
🐞 Fixed: Dashboard textile links can now successfully be added in dark mode.
CSV data sources can now be replaced directly from your worksheet’s right hand panel.
Categorical map legends are clickable! If your map displays a fixed set of values, such as a list of names or cities, you can now click to highlight one or more of those values.
To select a single value from the legend, simply hover and click. To select multiple values, hold down the `cmd` key on your keyboard while clicking each value.
Chart axis label lengths are now responsive to your chart’s viewport size. Your chart's long axis labels will no longer overwhelm the chart itself.
We’ve added folder sharing! You now have the option to share folders with your entire organization, select teams, or specific users.
To share a folder, open the menu next to the folder name in Sigma’s left hand navigation panel and click ‘Share’.
🐞 Fixed: Select and ‘copy’ behavior now works as expected in documents' read only SQL views.
- 🐞 Fixed: Overflowing numerical labels will no longer cause chart axes to disappear.
- Dashboards will now autoscroll when you move and resize elements, making it even easier to layout your data on Sigma’s new dashboards.
- All bars in a grouped bar chart will now be the same width regardless of how many bars are in each individual group.
- We’ve improved error messaging for parameters.
- We’ve made our line chart tooltips faster and more responsive to your cursor.
- 🐞 Fixed: Trellis pie charts will no longer break when data labels are added.
- 🐞 Fixed: Chart gridlines will now respect their set specification.
- 🐞 Fixed: Tile edit menus will no longer show up on exported PDFs of your new dashboards.
- 🐞 Fixed: Do you like working across multiple tabs? If you have a dashboard open in one tab and an underlying worksheet open in another, the dashboard will now automatically reflect any changes you publish to the worksheet.
- A ‘Send Now’ option has been added to scheduled exports. You can now push updates for your scheduled exports at any time by visiting your document’s schedule list and clicking ‘Send Now’ in a schedule’s menu.
- Resizing charts on Dashboards will now feel smoother!
- We’ve added an option to reset your chart color palette to its default settings. If your old color palette does not match the theming you would like to use on your new Sigma Dashboard, simply navigate to the chart’s worksheet and reset its color palette to default.
- Map visualizations with scatter plot layers now display circular markers consistent with those shown on our traditional scatter plot charts.
- Investigate, pause, and restart your database queries with ease! Our previous query history button served one too many purposes. We’ve made changes to more visibly surface error data as well as splitting pause/play behavior into its own button. Check out your database query history in the toolbar of any document.
Feast your eyes on Sigma's new dashboards! 👀
We've improved the functionality of dashboard controls, added some great styling options, and created a fully responsive framework for your dashboards. Learn more about the great new features
Create secure dashboard embeds with Signed Embedding. Get all of the great features of our new dashboards in your app.
- We've made some updates to our core complier to ensure that you are always getting the results that you expect.
- 🐞 When switching document versions, you weren't always able to select the Current Version. We've fixed that.
- 🐞We've gotten better at clamping chart time scales when appropriate.
- 🐞We've got your back! If you hit a full screen error, the back button is now working properly.
- Need more data? Row limit on pivot tables has been increased to 100k.
- 🐞Dates in chart tooltips now always have the correct date format.
- 🐞Include nulls on text column went a bit weird for a moment, but we've gotten it back on track.
- Want the names of your columns in table charts to wrap instead of truncate? We've added a formatting option that lets you have multi-line column headers on table charts.
- 🐞 Axis labels for bars stacked as percents will now always be percents.
- 🐞 Chart selection will no longer switch when entering draft mode or publishing the worksheet.
- 🐞 Dropdown icon is back on by default for worksheet toolbars.
- Sometimes negative is bad, but sometimes negative is good. We've added custom color formatting options to single value chart comparisons.
- 🐞 Name it like you want to see it. We're now using the column label names when you export data from a chart in a worksheet.
- Looking good! New chart tooltips for series charts have a new look and new layout to help make information more readable.
- We're reducing the space. The space in table chart headers that is. We're removing the extra spaces to help decrease cutoff when exporting table charts.
- 🐞 Dashboard text tiles in Firefox weren't respecting your space. Type with confidence now, with spaces between words.
- Find what chart settings have been customized by looking for a * next to the section headers in the chart Format tab.
- Get aligned! Choose the alignment of your chart table headers.
- 🚜 We've removed cruft from query requests, helping improve speed of queries.
- 🐞 Fixed a bug in line charts with unicode in the color field.
- Single value charts now dynamically resize to fit the display window, instead of being cut off.
- Added a financial formatting option for number columns.
- To the left, to the left. Chart headers are now aligned to the top left by default.
- Scheduling error messages just got more helpful. We now support and properly display new errors in the scheduler modal.
- Customize some colors! Users can now select a custom color on combo chart layers 🎨
- Improved the display of charts without titles.
- 🐞 Checkboxes have a consistent size, instead of occasionally shrinking.
- 🐞 Scrolling in the left rail connection view no longer cuts off the bottom of the list.
- We now show the compiler generated SQL even when a query fails.
- Tweaked the styles in several places in the app. Looking good 😎
- We've updated our error support so that displayed errors have more information.
- Chart tooltips have gotten a new look 🎩
- We're making accurate dashboard filters easier to achieve. We've modified the rules about what columns can be used to filter charts on a dashboard to help make sure that the applied filters will get you the results you expect.
- CountDistinct is now an aggregation option in the column menu.
- 🐞 Fixed a bug that came up when trying to access or edit a Table.
- Document version history is now in the header menu.
- 🐞 Fixed it so warehouse views can only be renamed by users that have edit permissions on the Dataset.
- Dataset warehouse views UI got a little bit of polish.
- 🐞 We now prevent an error when attempting to access or edit a Custom SQL Dataset.
- Introducing Dataset Warehouse Views! Snowflake and BigQuery users with write access enabled can now query Sigma Datasets from within their warehouse. Use the data you've modeled in Sigma anywhere.
- Added a "No Data" state to visualizations to make it clearer when charts don't have data to display.
- Polished up some styling across the app 💅
- Table sync got a little better. The effects now propagate in the connection tree.
- 🐞 We made it harder to accidentally remove people's access to a Sigma object. You can no longer delete inherited grants in the sharing module.
- 🐞Fixed broken data labels on grouped bar charts.
- We've tweaked the default chart styling so everything is looking a little nicer.
- Chart legend icons now match the chart type.
- 🐞We now limit the number of ticks on date-time axes on charts.
- When you click 'Send Now' on a dashboard, we now take into account the filters you've applied, rather than sending the default view of the dashboard.
- 🐞Drill-downs are showing on charts on the dashboard again.
- 🐞The formula bar auto-complete no longer selects the wrong column.
- Get your pivot table data in your inbox, on whatever schedule you want 📨
- We've added some gravity to the delete warning. We'll let you know if you're about to cause downstream effects.
- Picking dates in our calendar picker is a lot smoother now 📅
- We've always had keyboard shortcuts, and now we tell you what they are. Keyboard shortcut list has been added to the help menu.
- When you stack your bar chart as percentages, the data labels also show as percentages.
- 🐞If your chart axis only has whole numbers, we only show tick marks and labels for whole numbers.
- 🐞 Lots of little fixes in navigational behaviors.
- Faster Dashboard Loading ⚡
Sigma now utilizes the native query result caching features of Snowflake and BigQuery to improve dashboard loading times. Learn More
- Added 'Duplicate Dataset' option in the Dataset header. Because it should be there.
- We now check to see if you really want to email everyone on the team when sharing a document. Just in case.
- If your organization doesn't have materialization set up, the alert on the materialization tab now tells you how to make that happen.
- We're getting rid of redundant legends. We now hide legends by default if they don't have anything interesting to say.
- We've added some additional formatting options on pie charts. You can now get better precision in your labels.
- 🐞 When going to a deleted document page, you now see 'Deleted Document' instead of a less helpful error.
- Point to Point Sharing
You can now share worksheets, dashboards, and Datasets directly with your coworkers or with Sigma teams. When you share, you can allow users to view or to edit the object. Learn More
- Get help! Intercom icon has been replaced with a help center with a bunch of helpful resources.
- We're reducing over communication. We'll no longer show the 'Updated Sources' modal if the only change is that a column has been added.
- Undo / Redo button will no longer cause the filter drawer to close.
- 🐞Fixed a categorical color issue with map legends.
- We added a lot of tooltips. You should be able to see the full name of your docs.
- Pivot tables got some color. Go to the format tab to add a header color.
- Legendary! We've added legends to map charts.
- You can now reload your dashboard tiles one at a time.
- Not sure when your dashboard was last updated? Check the footer.
- 🐞 Fixed a 'Refresh Sources' error that was causing worksheets to fail when underlying datasources were unexpectedly missing.
- 🐞 The lineage tab was showing an error whenever an input to the Dataset was archived. We stopped doing that.
- 🐞 Fixed an issue where you couldn't create new joins after a join key was deleted
- Parameters on your worksheet can now pass values to the parameters on your worksheet's data sources. Learn More
- Set your own query timeout limits on your connections. The default is two minutes, but you now have the flexibility to let queries run longer. Learn More
- Add a calculation to your join key, and join on that calculated column. Learn More
- Keep scrolling along! You can now scroll through your worksheet while writing a formula.
- 🐞 We've put Sundays where you expect them. In the relative date filter, Sunday is at the start of the week.
- 🐞 We've made our parsing of SAML asserts more resilient
- Added a dark theme for tables and pivot tables. Now all your visualizations have a dark side.
- 🐞 Recents list in the homepage no longer shows recently deleted items.
- 🐞 Fixed a sort order bug on the Connection Table pages. Sorting should just work.