The Public Embeds feature is enabled by default and allow Creators the option to embed data elements publicly in other apps or websites.
An Admin can view embeds currently existing within an organization or disable/enable the Public Embeds feature in the Admin Portal, allowing the Admin greater control over the data security.
As such, the following topics are covered below:
- View Embeds for Organization
- Disable the Public Embeds Feature
- Admin access for an organization
View Embeds for Organization
To view embeds currently active from the organization, do the following:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your Profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select Administration to open the Admin Portal.
- Select the Embed tab. The Embed window opens displaying all embeds created on all dashboards within the organization.
Disable the Public Embeds Feature
The Public Embed feature is enabled by default. Disabling the Public Embed feature removes the ability for Creators to embed dashboards, workbooks, or data elements in apps or websites for public use.
Caution: If dashboards, workbooks, or data elements within an organization are currently publicly embedded, disabling the Public Embed feature will effectively ensure the item can no longer be publicly accessed.
Note: It is recommended to view the currently active public embeds across an organization to assess impact or use of sensitive data prior to disabling the Public Embed feature.
To disable the Public Embed feature for the organization, do the following:
- In the Admin Portal, select the Account tab.
- Next to Public Embeds, click the Disable button.
Figure 1. Account Window, Features Section - Public Embed Option
The button will change to Enable.
Figure 2. Public Embed Option - Enable Button