Sigma offers a variety of templates to create presentation-ready dashboards displaying your Salesforce Sales and Marketing data.
Summary of Content
- You must be an organization admin in Sigma.
- A data warehouse connected to Sigma
Salesforce Opportunity Overview - tracks key accounts, open opportunities, sales representatives, amounts, close dates, stages, and next steps at a glance.
Salesforce Sales Performance - displays a holistic overview of sales health metrics by deal type, stage, team, and sales representative.
- Salesforce Campaign Performance - tracks campaign performance analysis by lead type, effectiveness, pipeline, and opportunities.
Accessing your Salesforce Data in Sigma
Before you can take advantage of these templates, you will need to grant your Sigma connection access to your warehouse's Salesforce data.
- If your Salesforce data is not already in your warehouse, follow Salesforce's connector instructions for your data warehouse.
- Confirm that the User/Role associated with the connection has permission to access the Salesforce Opportunity, Account, and User tables in your warehouse.
For guidance, please reference your warehouse’s documentation:
• Snowflake (If you use a Snowflake with OAuth connection, permissions are granted to individuals on your OAuth provider.)
Create a Salesforce Dashboard
- If you have not already, add your Salesforce data to your warehouse and grant your Sigma connection access to it.
- Once your Salesforce data is available in Sigma, navigate to your Sigma Home Page.
- Under DASHBOARD TEMPLATES, select your desired template: Salesforce Opportunity Overview, Salesforce Sales Performance, or Salesforce Campaign Performance. This will open the Create a Dashboard from a Template modal.
- First, you will need to select your data source to be used by the template. By default, Sigma will attempt to select the appropriate data source.
If one more data source options are found, you will see the screen pictured below. Select your source and a location for your new dashboard. Then click 'Create'.
Please note: If Sigma is unable to match a source to your selected template, you will automatically be directed to manually select your source(s) from the Advanced Table Mapping View.
- The remaining steps will walk you through the process of selecting data sources by means of the Advanced Table Mapping View.
First, select your desired connection and source tables from the provided lists.
- Click Next to continue.
- Now it is time to select a destination for your new Dashboard and its sources.
Select an existing folder or use the Create Folder button to create a new one. If you create a new folder, don’t forget to name and open it before continuing.
- Click Add.
From here you will be routed directly to your new dashboard!