Sigma offers a variety of templates to create presentation-ready dashboards displaying your Salesforce Sales and Marketing data.
Summary of Content
- You must be an organization admin in Sigma.
- A data warehouse connected to Sigma
Salesforce Opportunity Overview - tracks key accounts, open opportunities, sales representatives, amounts, close dates, stages, and next steps at a glance.
Salesforce Sales Performance - displays a holistic overview of sales health metrics by deal type, stage, team, and sales representative.
- Salesforce Campaign Performance - tracks campaign performance analysis by lead type, effectiveness, pipeline, and opportunities.
Accessing your Salesforce Data in Sigma
Before you can take advantage of these templates, you will need to grant your Sigma connection access to your warehouse's Salesforce data.
- If your Salesforce data is not already in your warehouse, follow Salesforce's connector instructions for your data warehouse.
- Confirm that the User/Role associated with the connection has permission to access the Salesforce Opportunity, Account, and User tables in your warehouse.
For guidance, please reference your warehouse’s documentation:
• Snowflake (If you use a Snowflake with OAuth connection, permissions are granted to individuals on your OAuth provider.)
Create a Salesforce Dashboard
- If you have not already, add your Salesforce data to your warehouse and grant your Sigma connection access to it.
- Once your data is available in Sigma, navigate to your Sigma Home Page.
- Under DASHBOARD TEMPLATES, select your desired template: Compute Cost, User Adoption, or Performance Monitoring. If it doesn't appear on the main page, click VIEW ALL.
- When you select a template, you will be shown a preview of that template along with a list of tables and columns needed to successfully use the template.
First, you will need to select a data source to use with the template.
Sigma will attempt to select the appropriate data source. If one more data source options are found, they will be listed.
If we were able to find a match, select your source and a location for your new dashboard. Then click Create.
From here you will automatically be redirected to your new dashboard!
If we were unable to match data in your warehouse to the selected template, you will be prompted to manually select your data sources from the Advanced Table Mapping View.
IMPORTANT: There is no need to continue with the instructions below UNLESS you intend to manually select your data source(s).
Select a connection and click Next.
Please note: This step will be skipped automatically if you only have access to one connection.
Select data source tables from the provided lists. Then click Next.
Select a destination for your new dashboard and its sources.
Note: If creating a new folder using the Create Folder button, don’t forget to name and open the folder before continuing.
- Click Add.
From here you will be routed directly to your new dashboard!