Sigma offers a one-click template to create presentation-ready dashboards displaying global COVID-19 data from Snowflakes Data Marketplace.
Summary of Content
- You must be an organization Admin in Sigma.
- A Snowflake data warehouse connected to Sigma
Access COVID-19 Data in Snowflake
This template uses the Starschema COVID-19 Epidemiological Data available from Snowflake’s Data Marketplace. To access this data, visit the Marketplace from your Snowflake console, and search for COVID.
Create a New Global Impact of COVID-19 Dashboard
If you have not already, add Snowflake's COVID-19 data to your warehouse using.
To access this data, visit the Snowflake's Marketplace from your Snowflake console, and search for Starschema COVID-19 Epidemiological Data.
- Once your data is available in Sigma, navigate to your Sigma Home Page.
- Under DASHBOARD TEMPLATES, select your desired template: Compute Cost, User Adoption, or Performance Monitoring. If it doesn't appear on the main page, click VIEW ALL.
- When you select a template, you will be shown a preview of that template along with a list of tables and columns needed to successfully use the template.
First, you will need to select a data source to use with the template.
Sigma will attempt to select the appropriate data source. If one more data source options are found, they will be listed.
If we were able to find a match, select your source and a location for your new dashboard. Then click Create.
From here you will automatically be redirected to your new dashboard!
If we were unable to match data in your warehouse to the selected template, you will be prompted to manually select your data sources from the Advanced Table Mapping View.
IMPORTANT: There is no need to continue with the instructions below UNLESS you intend to manually select your data source(s).
Select a connection and click Next.
Please note: This step will be skipped automatically if you only have access to one connection.
Select data source tables from the provided lists. Then click Next.
Select a destination for your new dashboard and its sources.
Note: If creating a new folder using the Create Folder button, don’t forget to name and open the folder before continuing.
- Click Add.
From here you will be routed directly to your new dashboard!