Summary of Content
Create a Line Chart
- Open the visualization tab in your worksheet’s right hand panel.
- Click on the blue + icon to add a new visualization.
This will open up the visualization’s plot and format panel.
- Click on the line chart icon button under ‘VISUALIZATION TYPE’.
- On the Plot tab, add one column under Axis and one or more columns under Value.
- [optional] If you would like to create a multi-series line chart, add a column to the Color field.
- [optional] Add one or more columns to the Details field.
- [optional] Use Trellis Row and/or Trellis Column to create a trellis chart.
Basic line charts require one column plotted on the chart Axis and one or more columns plotted as Values.
The following Plot field options are available:
- Axis (1+ columns)
- Value (1+)
- Color (1)
- Detail (1+)
- Trellis Row (1)
- Trellis Column (1)
The following Format options are available for line charts: Theme, General, Title, X-Axis, Y-Axis, Legend, Reference Lines, and Shape. Learn more.
Add Data Labels
When data labels are added to a line chart, they are applied to every line in the visualization.
- Open the Format tab in the visualization’s Plot and Format panel.
- Click on the DATA LABELS header.
- Switch on Show Data Labels.
- [optional] Select a Label Style from the following list:
- Min - Displays the line’s minimum value.
- Max - Displays the line’s maximum value.
- Min/Max - Displays both the minimum and maximum values.
- Endpoints - Displays the values at both the beginning and the end of the line.
- All - Displays all values on the line, when possible. Value labels may be excluded to prevent overlap.
Note: If the selected label style is Min, Max, or Min/Max and applies to multiple identical values on a line, both instances will be displayed. For example, if “Min” is selected, and the line has two instances of its minimum value, both will be labeled.
- [optional] Select a custom Color.
- [optional] Select a custom Font size.