Adding Visualizations to a Dashboard
Summary of Content
Adding Visualizations via the Dashboard Interface
- Dashboards must be in Edit Mode to modify layout and add visualizations. If your dashboard is not in edit mode, click the big white ‘Edit’ button on the right side of the dashboard header.
- Once you are in edit mode, you can add a visualization to an empty Visualization Element. If you do not have a visualization element, you will need to add a new element to your dashboard’s layout.
- Hover over the empty element, and click the green Add Visualization button.
- This will open the Add Visualization modal.
Select a worksheet from the left hand navigation panel.
- Select a visualization.
Troubleshooting Tip: If the visualization you want is not listed, please check the worksheet’s status. Visualizations will only be available if they are included in the most recent published version of their worksheet.
- Click Add.
Adding Visualizations via a Worksheet
- Visualizations can only be added to existing dashboards. If you do not already have a dashboard, create one now.
- Worksheets must be in Published before their charts can be passed to a dashboard. If your worksheet is not published, click the big green ‘Publish’ button on the right side of the worksheet header. Learn about publishing.
- Once the worksheet is published, hover over the visualization and click the dashboard icon in the hover menu to Add to dashboard.
Alternatively, you can open the visualization’s ••• menu from the visualization panel, and click Add to dashboard.
- A model will appear prompting you to select any additional visualizations that you would like to add. After making your selection, click Next.
- Select a destination dashboard, and click Add.
- You will now be redirected to your destination dashboard.