Connect to BigQuery
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting ‘Administration’ in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- Select the ‘Connections’ page from the left hand panel.
- Click the ‘Create Connection’ button.
- Name your connection.
- Select ‘BigQuery’ under warehouse type.
You will then be prompted to specify your 'Connection Credentials'.
- Under ‘Billing project ID’, enter your ‘Project ID’. This can be found on your GCP console under ‘Project Info’.
- Under ‘Service account’, paste the json key you created when setting up your service account.
- [optional] Under 'Connection Features’, you can set a connection timeout and/or enable write access.
- After completing the form, click the ‘Create’ button near the top right of your screen.
Your BigQuery Service Account
In Google Cloud Platform (GCP), create a service account for your BigQuery instance. To connect to Sigma, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Add the following roles to your service account:
- "BigQuery Data Viewer"
- "BigQuery Job User"
- Create the json key you will use to connect to Sigma. A file will be downloaded to your computer.