Connect to Snowflake via Sigma
- Open your Admin Portal by selecting ‘Administration’ in the user menu at the top right of your screen.
- Select the ‘Connections’ page from the left hand panel.
- Click the ‘Create Connection’ button.
- Name your connection.
- Select ‘Snowflake’ under warehouse type.
You will then be prompted to specify your `Connection Credentials`.
- Under ‘Server’, enter the url of your Snowflake instance.
- Under ‘Warehouse’, enter your warehouse’s name as listed in Snowflake.
- Under ‘User’, enter your Snowflake username.
- Under ‘Password’, enter your Snowflake password.
- [optional] Under ‘Role’, you can specify a Snowflake role to be used on this connection.
- [optional] Under 'Connection Features’, you can set a connection timeout and/or enable write access.
- After completing the form, click the ‘Create’ button near the top right of your screen.
Connect to Sigma via Snowflake Partner Connect
The benefit of using Partner Connect is that your database connection will automatically be set up for you in Sigma.
- Go to Snowflake Partner Connect in your Snowflake console.
- Switch the user role to `ACCOUNTADMIN`.
- Select ‘Sigma’ from the Partner Connect list.
- The ‘Connect to Sigma’ modal will appear. Click ‘Connect’.
- Sigma will now open in a new window, and you will be prompted to create your new organization.