Visualizations in Sigma are created in worksheets. In the worksheet chart interface, you can plot and format multiple visualizations. These visualizations can then be exported or added to dashboards.
Create a New Visualization
The following example creates a simple vertical bar chart.
- Open the chart tab in your worksheet's right side panel.
- Click the blue + icon to add a new visualization.
- The visualization plot and format panel will appear.
Under VISUALIZATION TYPE, select the visualization type you would like to use.
For this example, we will use the default bar chart type.
- On the Plot tab, add one column under Axis and one or more columns under Value.
- [optional] Each column added to the visualization has a column menu for supported actions (ie format, aggregate, sort, etc). Click the menu icon next to the column name and select an action from the provided list.
- [optional] Use the Color field to change the color on the visualization based on your data
- [optional] Add one or more columns to the Details field.
- [optional] Use Trellis Row and/or Trellis Column to create a trellis chart.
- [optional] Open the Format tab in the visualization panel to customize your visualizations format options. From here you can select which axis data is charted on, set the chart title, update axis labels, add a reference line, and more.