Single Value Visualizations, also known as Big Number Charts, display a single value like total sales, or highest sales volume. They are a great way to display key metrics on a dashboard.
Summary of Content
Create a Single Value Visualization
- Create a new chart
- Choose the single value visualization icon to change the chart type.
- Add the data you want to visualize.
You can create a total first or apply an aggregation directly within the Value box. Simply drag the base value to the value field in the chart. Click the down arrow that appears next to the field to open the chart menu, then choose which aggregation to apply.
Conditional Formatting of Single Value Visualizations
Use conditional formatting to define how you want to visually present various conditions.
Example: If you want to mark percentage values <15% as below target, you can set conditional formatting to display red when such a condition is met.
- Create a new Single Value Visualization OR open an existing one.
- Open the Format tab in your visualization editor.
- Click on the subsection titled CONDITIONAL FORMATTING to expand.
- Click the blue + Add another rule button to add your first rule.
- A popup box will appear prompting you to customize your rule. Select your Formatting Rule and enter any required values.
- Select your Font Color and/or Background Color from the dropdown menus.
- Watch as your chart automatically responds to your changes